The IGNOU MBA Programme consists of 21 courses in all. These comprise of:
- Eleven Courses, i.e., MS-1 to MS-11
- Five courses from any one of the specialisation streams
- Compulsory Courses (MS-91, MS-95)
- One elective course (MS-92/93/94/96/97)
- Project Course (MS-100) equivalent to 2 courses.
IGNOU MBA - Some Rules
- A student can opt maximum of 4 courses per semester.
- One can take MS-100 (Project work) after at least 2 semesters.
- A course once selected for study, must be successfully completed within 4 semesters. In case of failure to do so, the student will be required to seek re-admission by paying fees.
- If a student wants to change one course then he/she has to do it by 31st July for first and second semester respectively on payment of a fee.
- The IGNOU MBA learner has to complete a Project work (MS-100) under some guide. For fixing a guide the students has to contact the Co-ordinator. The Co-ordinator will fix some from the academic counsellors. The student has to send a project synopsis to IGNOU H/Q. After getting the approval from IGNOU the student has to send I copy of the project work to IGNOU. One copy of the same project is to be submitted to the study centre and I copy is to be given to the project guide.
- Submission of Assignments is pre-requisite for appearing in Term-End. For Management Programme total number of assignment one has to submit is 1 per course.
IGNOU MBA Syllabus and Fee Structure
FEE STRUCTURE Course fee of Rs. 700/- per course is payable at the time of Admission and Re-Registration. Examination fee is included in the course fee. It also covers the cost of study material and counselling. The following courses are currently on offer under MP.
- MS-1 Management Functions and Behaviour
- MS-2 Management of Human Resources
- MS-3 Economic and Social Environment
- MS-4 Accounting and Finance for Managers
- MS-5 Management of Machines and Materials
- MS-6 Marketing for Managers
- MS-7 Information Systems for Managers
- MS-8 Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications
- MS-9 Managerial Economics
- MS-10 Organisational Design, Development and Change
- MS-11 Strategic Management