Anna University was established in 1978, it offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and Allied Sciences. It is one of India's premier engineering universities. It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and allied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society. Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained therefrom, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities.The University was formed by bringing together and integrating two well-known technical institutions in the city of Madras.
- College of Engineering, Guindy (CEG)(1794)
- Madras Institute of Technology , Chrompet (MIT)(1949) and three Technological Departments of the University of Madras.
- Alagappa College of Technology (ACT)(1944)
- School of Architecture and Planning (SAP)(1957)
Anna University Courses
|About Anna University, Chennai|
|Under Graduate Courses|
|Post Graduate Courses|
|Contact Details of all Departments of Anna University|
Since December 2001,it has become a large, highly renowned affiliated
University, having brought into its fold about 225 Self-financing
Engineering Colleges six Government Colleges and three Government-aided
Engineering colleges located in various parts of Tamilnadu State.
Looking at the excellent growth of Anna University, the Government of Tamil Nadu, during December 2001, have upgraded the University from unitary typo to affiliating type of University by bringing together about 250 Engineering Colleges in the State of Tamil Nadu. Since 13 Feb, 2007 only the colleges situated in the districts of Chennai, Thiruvallur, Vellore, Kanchipuram, Thiruvannamalai and Vilupuram in Tamil Nadu State have been affiliated to Anna University. Anna University has under its fold four campuses (CEG, ACT and SAP in the Main Campus and MIT in Chromepet) having departments of Engineering, Technology and Applied sciences, and, under affiliation, about 108 self financing colleges and 1 Government College located in the above districts of Tamil Nadu.
1. Faculty of Technology
2. Faculty of Civil Engineering
3. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
4. Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
5. Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering
6. Faculty of Management Sciences
7. Faculty of Science and Humanities
8. Faculty of Architecture and Planning